Saturday, March 5, 2011

Food Park Training Ride

My first time on the Food Park Ride. Not sure about the route, so when the ride started to split in two, I asked some dude which was which. He said the climbing turns right here, the flatter ride goes straight. I decided not to kill myself on the first ride, so I went straight. There were only about a dozen of us on this version, mostly women and masters racers. It was aggressive but very easy to hang with them. On PCH some of the riders pulled over and some kept going. I wasn't sure what happened, so I asked someone where this ride was going and she said they were going to meet some friends for coffee and the ride was back there. Well, now I know to wait next time and finish up Chainbreak Hill with the group. I decided to keep riding up to Long Beach and back to Huntington Beach, then back up to Long Beach to meet friends for lunch, then back to Irvine.


Riders meet at about 8:30 and roll out about 8:45


Kyle Gritters on the new 2011 Cannondale Supersix.

Jason Bausch

Total miles for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment